JOIN FARA TOLNO IN GUINEA, WEST AFRICA!!!
Please plan to arrive on one of these two dates: January 6th or January 13th.
Possible departure dates from Guinea: January 20, 27 or February 3rd.
Registration CLICK HERE
* Classes will be taught by Fara Tolno, Ousmane Zito Bangoura and members of various ballets and/or other local artists
* Classes are tailored to the students level of experience
* There will be four classes daily, these classes will vary between djembe, dundun, dance, dundun dance and song. Private classes in the above and also balafon, krin & kora are available for a fee. (cooking classes also an option)
* Comfortable and secured lodging will be provided in Conakry, on the Kissidugu Land in Bel-Air in the village of Koukoude and other travels.
* Do be prepared for utilizing buckets of water as the source of your water versus running water, yet in a beautiful bathroom, you just have to use buckets. 🙂
*While in Conakry and Koukoude access to phone & shopping will be available. Internet is not readily available unless you have an international phone with SIM card availability, in that case you can purchase a SIM card there to receive internet.
*Breakfast, lunch and dinner served daily. Breakfast is simple and consists of coffee, tea, bread, cheese, jam and fruit. Lunch and dinner are often a traditional Guinea dish featuring fish or chicken with rice, sauce and vegetables or other grain/starch.
*All food is prepared fresh daily and included in your trip cost. Please inform us of any allergies or special dietary needs.
Koukoude is a fishing village and we enjoy fresh fish often!!!
- You will have opportunity to attend local weddings, dundunba & sabar parties, as well as performances & rehearsals by local artist and ballets.
- Explore bustling markets, historical landmarks, the village countryside & the beautiful beach at the Kissidugu School land.
- Spend time with Fara’s family and experience the true essence of “wontanara”, we are together.
On this trip you will have the opportunity to give as well as receive by bringing your unique gifts to share with the people as you receive the riches of the culture. By coming on this journey, you you are supporting the building and creation of the Kissidugu School. Because this is a long- term project, you will have opportunity to deepen your connection with the teachers and families that are part of Kissidugu and truly create lasting relationships.
REGISTRATION OPEN NOW. Register HERE
* A current passport
* A copy of your flight itinerary
* Travel Visa for Guinea
* Proof of Yellow Fever vaccination
* Emergency contact information
All Visa Inquiries are sent to:
Embassy of the republic of Guinea
2112 Leroy place, N.w.
Washington, D.C. 20008
- Book your flight early for optimal rates
- Passports can take up to 12 weeks to process
- Proof of yellow fever vaccination is required to obtain your Guinea visa, so obtain that first then allow 3 weeks for visa processing.
- Malaria prevention through medication is advised. We like Malarone, but shop around.
- Research current exchange rates and bring cash (Checks, CC and ATM’s are NOT widely used in Guinea) Hundred dollar bills are best for exchange rates.
ONE WEEK: $600
TWO WEEK: $1,200
THREE WEEK: $1,800
FOUR WEEKS: $2,400
$300 Deposit Due upon registering.
We will walk you through the processes 🙂 and are here to answer any questions. Email us at: [email protected] anytime. Wontanara.
PRICE INCREASES TO $650 per week after August 31, 2018.
LINK TO REGISTRATION: https://form.jotform.com/61718229262154
Check or money orders payable to:
PO Box 263
Hawi, Hawaii 96719
Again, please email us at [email protected] if you have additional questions/concerns. Inuwauli.